Just when you thought we couldn’t get better….
2015 Ride Information
TDK is always looking for ways to make our event more fun. This year we are adding a couple things for 2015.
1. Drawing for a nice backpack if you enter the 20k, 60k, or 110K. It will be decorated with TDK logo.
2. The largest Team will get a $5.00 discount per person for the 2016 TDK. That will be $25.00. $30.00 will be normal team cost for 2016. (6 Riders at$30 in 2016)
Summit Challenge – The Piedmont’s Best Mountain Top Finish gets better. We could not find a larger hill so we have added a few changes to our 2015 event.
1. We added a 3 person team competition. (See below for details)
2. The 50 year old division will pay money this year. Since the old guys represent a large part of our event we have decided to make it more interesting. ( see below for rules and payout)
3. Sad to say the female division will not pay quite as much as past events. Actually recommended by a couple of ladies due to lower number of participants. It still has a nice payout but we have spread the money to other divisions. If any of you would like to discuss this please call me on TDK hotline. 1st-$100.00, 2nd-$50.00, 3rd-$25.00
4. Hill Climb Challenge AT MILE 42.4 as always. Probably – $25.00/ea.(Unless we get a sponsor) 1st Male and Female
TDK 3 Man Team (only includes Summit Challenge participants): –
1. Using the average age of cyclists in the USA, we have decided the team must add up to 115 years of age. One exception – You get a 20 year addition if you add a lady. Her age counts plus 20. If she is 25 years old she will enter competition as a 45 year old.
2. Winner is the lowest total finishing number. Example: 2nd, 5th, 7th = 14 – beats 1st, 3rd, 13th = 17. This is where you may have to decide to finish high individually or help another teammate.
3. Ladies finish is in the overall. She may be 2nd in the female division and 14th in the overall – 14th is the finish used.
4. 10 team minimum to put on this challenge. Send me your team name / participants / and an email. I will notify you when we have 10 teams.
5. $20.00 / team in addition to the regular fee. ($6.66 per head. Where can u have this much fun for less than $7.00?) Don’t get too serious with it. Get 2 of your buddies and take on 3 others you know.
6. At 10 the payout is $150/team and the TDK gets $50.00 for our beneficiaries. No medal or trophy this year. If more than 10 teams, payout will vary.
Improved 50 and Over Division:
1. You must choose the 50 and over competition or the overall before the event. Can’t compete for the overall in the open age group and the 50+ group.
2. Be Honest about your age. Mike Vestal – You do not yet qualify for this event. (You just look over 50.)
3. Payout is $100.00, $50.00 $25.00.
4. If you are 50+ and finish in the top 10 overall you will be placed in the category with the highest payout.